Homepage

Friday, August 29, 2014

Enjoy The Simple Things In Life


Made another page in my Art Journal.  It's called Enjoy The Simple Things In Life.  Life can be so complicated - and sometimes I just need to look for the simple things in life.
The background is made using two colors of paint, which I spread out over the page using an old credit card. The girl is stamped on using a Julie Nutting stamp called Chiara. I colored her hair, dress and shoes in with distressed ink markers.  I stamped on the butterfly, heart and swirly design using sponge stamps.  I hand drew on the flower, heart, tree and birds.  I then also wrote on the Enjoy The Simple Things In Life, drawing a square around here word.   I wanted to make the Enjoy word stand out the most, so I used a purple Gelatos stick on that.

I am entering this at:

2 comments:

  1. Oh, lovely art journal Debbie. The colours are too good and they form a wonderful base.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we make life far too complicated and its so important to appreciate the simple things. I like your page and your hand drawn images.

    ReplyDelete