Homepage

Monday, October 21, 2013

In memory of my Mom

As soon as I saw that this weeks challenge over at  Heart 2 Heart   was "Lace"....the first thing I thought of was my mom.   As far back as I can remember my mom always would sit and watch TV at night while crocheting her doilies - always white.   She made some wonderful lacy doilies through the years! 
Such a fond memory of my mom :-)
I have many of her doilies around my house today.
(she passed away in 2001.)
So...I just had to make a doily card in memory of her.


This is a pretty plain card...nothing fancy.
Just a lace doily that I cut out with my CTMH Cricut Artbooking Cartridge
(White of course!)
I layered it on to patterned paper from the CTMH Chantilly paper pack.
Then I just hand wrote "In Memory of Mom" in the upper right corner - and then her name in the lower left hand corner.
This card will not be given out to anyone...I placed it on one of my living room end tables where one of her doilies is.


I am entering this into the Heart 2 Heart Challenge - Lace



7 comments:

  1. Love that you were inspired by a memory of your mom! What a nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you were inspired by a memory of your mom! What a nice tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely memories of your mom, this is so touching. Thank you for joining us at Heart2Heart this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your sweet memories and getting lacy with us @ H2H! Your card is really pretty and definitely made with love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It might be nothing "fancy" to you but the doily is PERFECT! And what a wonderful way to remember your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The doily is such a touching tribute, and quite lovely at that! Cards do not have to be perfect to be made with all the love in the world. It is beautiful inside and out, Deb. Thanks so much for playing along and sharing with us over at H2H. :)

    ReplyDelete